Avesis Optional Eyewear Plan
Iowa State University offers all eligible actively-at-work employees and eligible family members a voluntary group eyewear insurance plan.
- The eyewear plan vendor is Avesis Vision.
- The Avesis plan does not cover eye exams.
- Exams are covered under your medical plan.
- The Avesis plan will allow access to one of the most competitive vision networks in the nation. Avesis contracts with independent optometrists, ophthalmologists and most retail chain centers making it convenient for employees to purchase glasses or contacts at locations close to where they live or work.
The same eligibility rules apply to dependents as the medical and dental plans.
Date Coverage Begins:
New Hire: coverage is effective on the first day of the month following the date of employment, providing you enroll within 31 days of your date of employment or by the assigned deadline.
Open Change Period: you may enroll/change/end coverage during the open change period. The effective date will be January 1.
2022 Rates - Monthly premium deducted on a pre-tax basis
|Employee + Spouse||$12.58|
|Employee + child(ren)||$13.77|
A complete listing of providers in Iowa and the United States can be found:
- Avesis Vision Network
- 800-828-9341 to contact Avesis Customer Service Representatives
- To identify your plan:
- Group #60790-1227
- Plan #9133
Additional Information and Resources